SIMPLE TAX DEDUCTIONS TRUCK DRIVERS SHOULDN'T MISS
Copy / Fax Fees
Other Small Tools
First Aid Supplies
Wide Load Flags
Keep a record of:
Annual Days Away
Kilometers to/from depot
NOTE: If you have been reimbursed by your employer you can not claim this.
INTERSTATE PROFESSIONAL TRUCK DRIVERS
A list of things that need to be kept for claiming deductions each year:
(1) All Meal Receipts – if you take precooked food, please keep the shopping dockets. (Even better is to separate the shopping and pay separately.)
(2) Keep an exercise book for meals / snacks that are under $10 as well as each time you pay for washing / drying of clothes at Truck Stops.
(3) All receipts in relation to work clothes / safety gear / sunglasses / sunscreen and wide brim hats.
(4) All receipts in relation to loose tools / repairs and maintenance on the truck including Truck Wash ( that has NOT been reimbursed by the employer)
(5) Bedding – Travel bags / sheets / donnas / pillows / towels etc. – 1 set per year.
(6) Fridges / stoves / microwaves / containers for food etc.
(7) GPS’s / Bluetooth equipment / mobile phone bills / internet bills / laptops / tablets and accessories (all items over $300 must be depreciated therefore will require full amounts and date purchased).
(8) Must keep ALL Log Books.
(9) Travel book for kilometers – for motor vehicle – carrying tools /
bedding / food etc. to and from the Truck each week.
(10) Any other receipts that you are not sure on, we can check them at the end of the financial year.
WHAT TO BRING AT TAX TIME
(1) Any PAYG Summaries
(2) Bank Interest
(3) Share Dividends
(4) Rental Property Information (including Land / Water Rates / Insurance / Loan Interest / Repairs and Maintenance Receipts).
(5) Any other Income Investments
(6) Receipts for any deductions (Log Books for travel).